Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Getting in Gear

23 days until we begin our RAGBRAI adventure. Our 3 months of training have already been quite the adventure, so we're really excited to see what RAGBRAI has in store for us this year. We have been training, both on the roads and in the bars. We definitely favor the latter. Every time we ride (or drink), we say "we need to start our blog." So, here it is. Finally. You can only imagine the conversations, laughs, frustrations, mishaps, moans and groans that we have every weekend and almost every day.

I'm not sure I can recollect everything that has happened over the past 3 months, but I'll try. Backpedal to 5pm on March 21st - I was so excited when I saw this email that it didn't take long for me to decide that I wanted to join Team Stream in the ride across Iowa. I must have a knack for persuasion because it didn't take long for me to convince Allison to be my partner in crime. I wouldn't have done it without a buddy.



Once it was official that we were on Stream Team we got a little more serious. Allison bought a shiny new Felt bike and I went to my grandpa's house and asked to borrow his rusty Giant (which has since been tuned up thanks to a great co-worker, although the squeakiness was growing on me.) We have come a long way since March; we have become faster, stronger, tanner, but unfortunately not any skinner. We are dedicated to RAGBRAI and realize that in order to succeed we must drink more beer, thus prohibiting our weight loss. Most importantly, I have been able to spend more time with a great friend.

We want to share our stories with our families and friends, and we want to be able to look back and remember what a great time we had. We also know that there will be tough times the week of RAGBRAI, so it will be nice to look back and read over these stories for some much needed motivation.



Training in Week 1



No comments:

Post a Comment