Monday, July 30, 2012

Day 3 - Lake View to Webster City

Tuesday was hands down the most physically and mentally challenging day of my life. The combination of riding alone, big hills, 28 mph headwinds, and 85 miles will take its toll on anyone. I don't even recall what cities we went through or what I saw and ate. You couldn't coast downhill because you would come to a dead stop, and you couldn't reach for your water bottle or you'd blow over. The only thing that kept me motivated was the thought of the feeling I'd have when I crossed the finish line. I felt a little relief when I got into town and realized that everyone was just as exhausted as me.

That night, a group of us decided to go see Batman (mostly because of the AC and popcorn), and several other RAGBRAI riders had the same idea as we did. It sounded like a good idea until 15 minutes in when I started falling asleep. Please don't tell me how it ends..I plan to see it again.

We were once again very thankful to have indoor sleeping accommodations at a Dance Studio in this 100+ degree weather.




LeHigh Hill

No comments:

Post a Comment